Another pleasant day in San Diego, sunny, slightly warm but not baking hot. The day started off again with keynotes. I posted on musicsucks
about emusic's CEO speaking. I also posted some photos
the St. Vincent and John Vanderslice show last night. Here are the seminars I attended today:
- Intro to JBoss Enterprise Middleware and Redhat Application Stack
- The Ext4 Filesystem: A next generation filesystem for linux
- Program Performance Analysis and Tuning with AMD CodeAnalyst (CodeAnalyst is pretty slick, helps if you have an new AMD proc and running an RPM based distro)
- Open Document Formats (generally a non-technical perspective)
- Security in a Networked World (mostly about SSO and identity management)
To the right you'll see the Redhat branded water, or as I like to call it "Redhat tainted water". It's something like the MySQL kool-aid. Craig? ...
I also got a quick second to checkout the OLPC it's surprisingly small and toy-like, but seems real sturdy. I couldn't check out the OS, the battery was dead.
Tomorrow is the last day. It is slightly shortened so I hope to check out more of San Diego, specifically Balboa Park.