Joe Williams home
I was finally able to get a clean build of gexec with the '--with-ganglia' option. Here's what I did: I downloaded the tarball available at http://therealms.org/oss/ganglia/gexec-0.3.8.tar.gz (thanks to Bernard on the Ganglia mailing list). Then run:
rpmbuild -tb gexec-0.3.8.tar.gz
This created a RPM and SRPM, the RPM can be deleted and I installed the SRPM. Should be located at '/usr/src/redhat/SRPMS/gexec-0.3.8-4.src.rpm'. I then edited the SPEC file '/usr/src/redhat/SPECS/gexec.spec' removing '%configure' and adding the following above the 'make' line but below the '%build' line.
./configure --with-ganglia --host=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu --build=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu --target=x86_64-redhat-linux --program-prefix= --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr --bindir=/usr/bin --sbindir=/usr/sbin --sysconfdir=/etc --datadir=/usr/share --includedir=/usr/include --libdir=/usr/lib64 --libexecdir=/usr/libexec --localstatedir=/var --sharedstatedir=/usr/com --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info
Next, extract the tarball at '/usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/gexec-0.3.8.tar.gz'. Edit 'configure.ac' to include 'AC_PREFIX_DEFAULT(/usr)' rather than 'AC_PREFIX_DEFAULT(/usr/local)'. Then change GANGLIA_LIB to use '/usr/lib/libganglia.a' rather than '@libdir@/libganglia.a'. I also edited the Makefile to use '/usr/lib/libganglia.a' rather than '@libdir@/libganglia.a' in a couple spots. Then move the gexec-0.3.8.tar.gz to gexec-0.3.8.tar.gz.OLD and 'tar zcvf gexec-0.3.8' to create a new tarball with the changes just made. At this point one can build and install the new RPM by running:
rpmbuild -ba /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/gexec.spec rpm -ivh /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/x86_64/gexec-0.3.8-4.x86_64.rpm
I have made my SRPM available, you can download it here.
Fork me on GitHub